The U7/U8 Academy Tryouts have been postponed for the remainder of the week due to inclement weather and field closings. The new dates for the tryouts will be Tuesday, June 12 and Wednesday, June 13.
We have had to postpone the tryouts for 2 weeks due to previous scheduled events, lack of field space, and inclement weather. There are over 100 players registered for tryouts, so we want to ensure we have enough staff to evaluate each player and make sure that every player is given an equal opportunity to showcase themselves.
We apologize for the rescheduling and thank you for your patience as we work to get this tryout off and running.
Prince William Soccer is proud to announce our New 10-Month Academy Program.
Tryouts for the 2012-2013 Academy Season are scheduled for June 12 and 13. The program will be open to upcoming U7 and U8 players (must be born between 8/01/04- 7/31/06 to be able to participate).
Prince William Soccer is proud to announce the revamped U7/U8 Academy Program. The revamped program will give our younger players the opportunity to train throughout the year. The program will include training with PWSI’s Nationally Licensed Staff, along with in-house fall, winter, and Spring Leagues. Prince William is committed to the development of younger players, and feels that this program is a home run.
The following will all be included in the cost for the program:
-Two Full Nike Uniform Kits
- In-House League Each Season (guaranteed 8 games and 3 seasons)
-Fully Licensed Staff Coaching Fees
- Field Rental Fees
- VCCL Crossover Matches (the number of matches will vary from Season to Season)
- U8/U9 PWSI Friendlies (Proposed for spring 2013)
- Three other Possibilities include Icebreaker Tournament, All-Star Tournament, and Loudoun U8 Friendlies (these are not definitely included in the price)
Each member that wishes to be included in this program will need to try-out and be selected from the program. Tryouts will take place from 5:30-7:00 PM May 22-23 at Chinn Park Field #1. Once selected, there will be a parents meeting for more details and information. Players will be placed in teams for the fall, winter, and Spring Season. Teams will have between 7-10 players per team, depending on the number of players in the Academy. Players will change teams after each season. Training sessions will consist of two teams training together under the guidance of a select coach. These same two teams will train together, at the same day and time, for the remainder of that season.
- Once a week for an hour and half
- Average 16 kids a sessions
- Same time and same day each week (for each season)
- 10 Weeks of training (Fall and Spring)
- 8 Week Indoor Training (1 Hour Sessions)
- Always Trained By Fully Licensed Staff Member, or Director of Youth Development
- Assistant Coach (Parent Volunteer) will stay with the group each season and assist PWSI Staff Member
- All Sessions will designed in accordance with Director of Youth U7/U8 Curriculum
- Played in the 5v5 format
- Coached by Fully Licensed Staff Member, or Director of Youth Development
- Games will be played on Howison Park Turf Fields Saturday Early Evenings (Spring and Fall)
- Winter Futsal League will be held at one of numerous gyms in Eastern Prince William County
- 5v5 for Futsal League
The program will cost a total of $750 for the entire year. The fees will be broke down seasonally for a charge of $250.